Friday, May 30, 2008

Me vs Work

There was a time when work used to be a priority in my life. No matter what happens, I made it a point that I have to go to work even if I was involve in an accident. That actually happened once and it was not a wise decision to return to work.

On Thursday night, my mom met with an accident. A car came from behind and hit her car. No one was injured but there were minor damages at the bumper. By the way, I was not there when this accident happened. But thankfully nothing happened to my mom and my brother. Praise God! My mom managed to drive the car back to the house as the damages were not so bad.

The next morning, my mom asked me to take the car for repair at the workshop. It was a hard time deciding because I had work on that day. But since it was my mom's request, so I just agreed to it and took the car to the workshop.

I learnt one thing from this incident. All these years, I have been busy with work that I took no time to notice that our life here is actually very important. So is our family. We will always have work, but not life as people can die anytime.
~Prudence

5 comments:

Oon Kah Chuan said...

thank god nothing happened to your mom and bro...

bluesunflower said...

Yes. Thank God :)
~Prudence

alvsaurus said...

so did u took any pictures of ur car?

bluesunflower said...

No, but I will capture the picture of the bumper soon. It looks awful :P ~Prudence

Anonymous said...

Yes... It's good that you care for your family. Quite a philosopher here... ;)

God bless sis... Disippelen